Monday, June 28, 2010

Abandoned Coast Guard Station – Cleveland Ohio

The City of Cleveland owns an abandoned US Coast Guard Station which sits at the mouth of the Cuyahoga River, visible from Whiskey Island/Wendy Park . The city bought the facility in 2004 for $1 from local developer Jeff Jacobs. Restoration and repair is virtually non-existent and the building is still in bad shape. When visiting the area a few weeks ago I didn’t venture out to the building area, but I’ve heard the views of the city are very good from that vantage point. (Note that the building itself is off limits.) I hope the city continues to work on restoring this building as it would be a great place to view the city skyline. The structure is very photogenic from the outside – and from a distance. Here’s a photo that I took during my last visit to the area.

Photo © allthingsclevelandohio.blogspot.com


Check out my blog home page for the latest Cleveland information, All Things Cleveland Ohio, here.


No comments: