Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cleveland Lighthouse Encased in Ice (Video)

Here are videos of the Cleveland Harbor West Lighthouse (located on the west bank of the Cuyahoga River as it enters Lake Erie), which is now encased in ice. The windy weather, plus the frigid temperatures, kicked up icy waves which splashed – and then froze – on the lighthouse. And, in case you’d like to see the lighthouse without the ice, I also added a video that I took of the area last summer.

Update December 17, 2010: You can find some still photos here: ”Cleveland Lighthouse Becomes an Ice Castle”








Check out my blog home page for the latest Cleveland information,
All Things Cleveland Ohio.

2 comments:

murdoc said...

interesting vid!

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I've included it on a site I've created, which is a compilation of some of the best blogs in the city.

Best of Blogs Cleveland
http://bestofblogscleveland.wordpress.com